PRI & the Power of Spectral Indices
In this brief 30-minute webinar, Dr. John Gammon, University of Alberta, teaches the basics of the Photochemical Reflectance Index (PRI).
He gives a introduction to the photochemical reflectance index and what it can tell researchers about xanthophyll cycle activity, carotenoid: chlorophyll pigment ratios, light-use efficiency, and plant stress. He also discusses remote sensing.
- Energy distribution in a leaf
- Leaf optical changes upon shade removal
- Photosynthetic light response curve
- Uses as a stress indicator
- Temporal and spacial patterns in photoprotection
- How does photoprotection vary with tree age?
- Kinetics: sun vs. shade
- Can it “scale”?
- Light-use efficiency model
More canopy webinars:
Get more info on applied environmental research in our