PRI & the Power of Spectral Indices
In this brief 30-minute webinar, Dr. John Gammon, University of Alberta, teaches the basics of the Photochemical Reflectance Index (PRI).
He gives an introduction to the photochemical reflectance index and what it can tell researchers about xanthophyll cycle activity, carotenoid: chlorophyll pigment ratios, light-use efficiency, and plant stress. He also discusses remote sensing.
- Energy distribution in a leaf
- Leaf optical changes upon shade removal
- Photosynthetic light response curve
- Uses as a stress indicator
- Temporal and spacial patterns in photoprotection
- How does photoprotection vary with tree age?
- Kinetics: sun vs. shade
- Can it “scale”?
- Light-use efficiency model