Stop Hiding Behind a Shield
Get better air temperature accuracy with this new method
The accuracy of air temperature measurement in microclimate monitoring is crucial because the quality of so many other measurements depend on it. But accurate air temperature is more complicated than it looks, and higher accuracy costs money. Most people know if you expose an air temperature sensor to the sun, the resulting radiative heating will introduce large errors. So how can the economical ATMOS 41’s new, non-radiation-shielded air temperature sensor technology be more accurate than typical radiation-shielded sensors?
We performed a series of tests to see how the ATMOS 41’s air temperature measurement compared to other sensors, and the results were surprising, even to us. Learn the results of our experiments and the new science behind the extraordinary accuracy of the ATMOS 41’s breakthrough air temperature sensor technology.
In this brief 30-minute webinar, find out:
- Why you should care about air temperature accuracy
- Where errors in air temperature measurement originate
- The first principles energy balance equation and why it matters
- Results of experiments comparing shielded sensor accuracy against the ATMOS 41 weather station
- The science behind the ATMOS 41 and why its unshielded measurement actually works
Watch the webinar
See weather sensor performance data for the ATMOS 41 weather station.
Explore which weather station is right for you.
Download the “Researcher’s complete guide to soil moisture”—>